“Your information” – When we refer to your information, we are referring to your personal information, as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal information is information or opinion (in recorded form or otherwise) about an identified, or reasonable identifiable, individual. This includes your name, your date of birth, your contact details, and may also include information about your dealings with us.
“Sensitive information” is a subset of personal information and includes information or opinions about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, memberships, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health or criminal record.
THE KINDS OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD AND WHERE WE COLLECT IT FROM.
We normally collect your personal information directly from you or your employer during the course of our business relationship. We also collect information for marketing purposes from freely available public information, for example information on your job title from your company website or business magazines.
We usually collect and hold the following type of information
- name, address , contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile number), occupation,
- user names and passwords for accessing your IT systems which you have asked us to work on
- information about your interest areas in IT, your skills and qualifications, memberships of industry or network groups
- information provided to us in the course of applications for employment
You might also need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (eg about your authorised representatives or employees). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this statement.
We are unlikely to need to collect sensitive personal information about you and will only do so if you have consented to us doing so or the law allows us to do without consent.
HOW WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures. Information provided in the course of seeking employment is held separately from our operational business and has restricted access.
OUR PURPOSE IN HOLDING AND USING USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including
- providing IT support services to you or your employer
- communicating with you regarding our IT services, changes in the IT market, potential service outages or threats and managing our client relationship with you
- providing information to third party suppliers as to products and services which may mean we are able to provide a better value service to you
- managing the products and services we provide to you including billing you for them, and collecting any amounts you may owe us
- as authorised or required by the laws applicable to us
USING YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We may also use your information so that we, our related entities, can market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you (which may include products, services and offers provided by a third party). This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customising on-line content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt-out by calling 1300 991 351 (ask for marketing) or emailing email@example.com.
We do not disclose your personal information (including your email address) to any third party with the purpose of allowing them to market their products to you.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use your information. These services include:
- installation, maintenance and repair services
- mailing and courier services, billing and debt-recovery functions
- network and phone services
- others where you have provided your consent to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so or the law requires us to
- to third parties who assist us managing our corporate strategies, including our corporate risk or funding functions
We do not routinely disclose information overseas. If you are located overseas you information is held by us in Australia but we are more likely to need to disclose your information to overseas to suppliers in your country or geographic region in order to provide certain services to you.
HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR MAKE A PRIVACY COMPLAINT
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can consider and respond to your request. We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
ABOUT THIS STATEMENT
This Statement has been issued by Bremmar Communications Pty Ltd, and Bremmar Consulting effective as at 1 June 2015. From time to time, we may need to change this Statement. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (www.bremmar.com.au) and it will apply to all of your information held by us at the time.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions in relation to this Statement or our management of your information, please let us know by contacting us on email@example.com or telephoning 1300 991 351 (asking for marketing).